Sat, 21 Aug|
Matterdale Summer Day - Now Saturday 21st August - FOOD TICKETS NOW SOLD OUT BUT COME ALONG FOR FREE ENTRY AND NO FOOD
In celebration of our long awaited freedoms come and join everyone from the valley for an afternoon picnic, dog show, sports day and lots more.
Time & Location
21 Aug 2021, 15:00 – 20:00
Recreation Field , Penrith CA11 0LD, UK
About the Event
We are building our line up of activities but they will definitely include the following!
- Fell ponies and pigs - come and hear from our local farmers about different types of fell ponies and pigs
- Dog show - bring your hounds along for a fun take on a dog show. Categories will include - Most fabulous fella, Loveliest lady, Most awesome eyes, Best golden oldie (over 9), Musical sit, Best puppy (under 1), Best child handler (under 12), Best biscuit catcher, Judges choice to take home, Best in show
- Fun sports - get your competitive spirit out for some golden oldies - wheelbarrow race, hop, skip jump relay, welly wanging, egg throwing, 3 legged race, potato and spoon race
- Wishing Tree - pay the price on the envelope for a surprise gift (which will be at least twice the value of the price you pay)
- Hog roast, vegan roast (including GF bun option) - one food serving per person included in the ticket price
- Tug of War - start building your muscles for the Matterdale Valley rope strength test
- Bar - beer, wine, soft drinks
- Music - we'll have some fun bands and muscicians on but bring your chosen instrument as well also have 'open mic' sessions available
- Tractors - a few of the valley's interesting tractors will be on show available for photos and information from their owners
- Toilets on site - your comfort breaks are kindly sponsored by I J Curry building contractors
- Hook a duck - hook a duck and win a prize
- Guess the weight of the cake
- Find out more about different group projects happening in the valley - Another Way, Fell Pony Heritage Trust, Matterdale Community Association, Friends of Ullswater Way/Heritage Trail, Sustainable Integrated travel for Ullswater, Penrith & District Red Squirrel Group
Bring some cash (lots of 50p and £1 coins), although will be able to take cards too, for some of the activites like the Wishing Tree, Tombola, Guess the Weight of the Cake, Hook a Duck etc. These events will help to fund the more hidden costs of running an event like this.
FOOD TICKETS FOR THIS EVENT ARE NOW SOLD OUT. HOWEVER YOU CAN STILL COME ALONG FOR FREE ENTRY BUT NO FOOD!
There will be benches and tables but do feel free to bring a chairs/rugs too. As it's going to be a lovely day don't forget sun screen, hats and wear outdoor/sports shoes.
Our supporters for euqipment and prizes include - I J Curry Building Contractors, Relphs, Jenkinsons, SaNook - Keswick, AlexServesSushi, Alpacalyeverafter, The Dog House, Catstycam, Patterdale Tennis Club, Gina Farncombe, Cumbria Life, Glenridding Sailing Centre, Ullswater Felt Art, James Pittam Personal Training, LivFit, Wild Strawberry - Keswick, The Potting Shed, Another Weigh, Mowing Mike, Chopping Block, Another Place, Luke Brown Photography, Rheged, The Chippie Van, Two Farmers Crisps, The Hair Loft.....with many more coming soon.
3pm Gate opens
3.30pm Wheelbarrow/potato and spoon races for adults and children
3.50pm Welly Wanging
4pm Gowbarrow Hall Farm Talk
4.15pm Three legged and hop skip and jump relay races for adults and children
4.30pm Fell Pony Heritage Trust Talk
4.45pm - 5.30pm Dog Show
5pm - 6pm Food
5pm - 8pm Music and dancing
5.30pm Penrith and District Red Squirrel Group Talk
5.45pm Adult tug of war/U12s egg throwing
6pm Adult egg throwing/U12s tug of war
If you would like to add and run an activity e.g. pin the tail on the donkey! please email Helen Reed on email@example.com.